In 2016 Brisbane City Council announced the $100 million Oxley Creek Transformation project to revitalise the Oxley Creek corridor from the Brisbane River to Larapinta into a world class green, lifestyle and leisure destination.
Oxley Creek Transformation Pty Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary company of Brisbane City Council, was established in 2017 to guide the vision for the corridor, delivering a range of environmental, social and economic benefits to the community.
Oxley Creek Transformation is committed to:
- reducing the impacts of industry and development on the creek and its surrounds
- embedding flood resilience into the corridor
- growing its rich network of green spaces
- transforming Oxley Creek corridor into a vast multi-use parkland
- attracting investment to unlock its economic potential
- collaborating with business, industry, government and the community.
Our three goals will focus on the local environment, social/community and economy in the corridor.
Oxley Creek Transformation will deliver the framework of the future parkland through its three goals which focus on the environment, social/community and economy.
These goals lead us to our future ideas for this corridor which will:
- activate existing spaces and creating new places for people to gather, relax, play and connect with others and nature
- facilitate a deeper appreciation and awareness of nature, inspiring greater environmental conservation and demonstrating leadership in sustainability
- establish economic hubs that leverage off natural attractions to fund revitalisation efforts, inject vitality and draw investment to the area
- attract interest and investment to sustainably revitalise the corridor and boost the local economy.
The Oxley Creek Transformation corridor will be re-imagined as an urban playground, an incubator of innovation and a sanctuary for wildlife. This transformation will showcase some of city's natural assets and unique bio-diversity values.
Our core focus is to plan, collaborate and create.
The core focus for Oxley Creek Transformation is to:
- plan – synthesise ideas and opportunities and explore innovations to design for the future
- collaborate – partner with the community, industry, businesses and government stakeholders to achieve a common vision
- create – establish new lifestyle and leisure destinations and the systems they need to flourish.