Draw your own adventure
During the Oxley Creek Transformation draft Master Plan Community Engagement period, local schools within the Oxley Creek corridor were invited to show us drawings of their adventures and ideas along Oxley Creek.
We received almost 120 drawings from Corinda State School, Oxley State School, Sherwood State School and Pallara State School.
It was great to see the bright colours and ideas for the future of Oxley Creek. The children included activities such as walking, cycling, and bird watching in their drawing as well as playgrounds, camp grounds, adventure slides, ziplines and climbing walls. We loved seeing that their drawings considered the local wildlife and sustainability with ideas for community gardens, wind turbines, history and learning centres and more.
You can see some of the entries we received as well as the winning drawings below. Congratulations to all who participated!
These are the drawings and winners as shown in the slideshow.
- Overall winner: Emerson - Corinda State School grade 6
- Second place: Kalani - Corinda State School grade 6
- Third place: Aria - Corinda State School grade 6
- Highly commended: Emily - Pallara State School grade 4
- Highly commended: Bourne - Corinda State School grade 6
- Highly commended: Remi - Corinda State School grade 6
- Highly commended: Rahma - Corinda State School grade 6
- Highly commended: Eva - Corinda State School grade 6