The Master Plan
The Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan is the first major milestone in realising the vision for the Oxley Creek corridor – the start of our journey.
The Master Plan is a comprehensive long-term plan that will guide the creation of the future parkland, including outcomes such as new leisure and sport-based recreation activities, economic hubs, tourism, cultural heritage interpretation, environmental education and connections for people and wildlife.
The Master Plan explores opportunities, including:
- improving flood resilience and water quality
- restoring wildlife habitats
- the reuse of stormwater and other measures that allow the natural environment to thrive
- creating new open spaces for people to gather, relax, play and connect with others and nature
- improving pedestrian and cycle connectivity along the creek and through its open spaces
- supporting and enhancing the local economy through commercial opportunities, new facilities and activation.
The Master Plan proposes the creation of a 20-kilometre recreation trail from the Brisbane River at Tennyson to a new Nature-based Adventure Parkland in Larapinta, creating a world-renowned birdwatching destination at Oxley Creek Common, progressively improving habitats, vegetation, waterway stability and water quality and building a regional parkland and visitor centre at Archerfield Wetlands.