Graceville Riverside Parklands Precinct Plan
Oxley Creek Transformation is planning for parkland improvements associated with the Graceville Riverside Parklands Precinct located at Graceville Avenue and Nadine Street, Graceville.
Situated at the northern end of the Oxley Creek Transformation corridor, just seven kilometres from the CBD, and adjoining both Oxley Creek and the Brisbane River, the Parklands Precinct has the potential to become a significant gateway entry into the 20-kilometre recreation and environmental corridor as well as an exciting destination hub for community and visitors alike.
The Graceville Riverside Parklands Precinct (Precinct) includes Graceville Riverside Parkland, Simpsons Playground, Nadine Street Park, Graceville Avenue Park and Bert St Clair Oval. Planning for new community facilities, activities, green corridor connectivity and access to active and recreational trails within this Precinct is a key strategic outcome of the Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan.
Graceville Riverside Parklands, a key site within the Precinct, is set to become a key gateway entry into the 20-kilometre Oxley Creek corridor and a destination for water-based activity and recreation.
Initial objectives for the Parkland include:
- Improving visual and physical connections to the river and creek.
- Upgrading the existing picnic and play facilities.
- Improving the parkland’s vehicle entry and parking.
- Acknowledging the possibility of flooding in the design and delivery of new Parkland infrastructure.
- Maintaining and, where possible, supporting the enhancement of the existing local Club lease facilities.
- Celebrating the mature trees located within the Parkland.
- Supporting corridor-wide improvements to water quality, bank stability and riparian habitat.
Graceville Riverside Parklands draft Precinct Plan
The development of the draft Precinct Plan was informed by collaboration with external consultants as well as engagement with key stakeholder groups and the community via the Graceville Riverside Parklands Community Ideas Day that was held in November 2019.
The draft Precinct Plan was released for community consultation in November 2020 for a 5 week period. OCT are now in the process of reviewing all feedback received to inform the finalisation of the Graceville Riverside Parklands Precinct Plan.
Download the Graceville Riverside Parklands draft Precinct Plan:
OCT are now in the process of reviewing all feedback received during the community consultation period to inform the finalisation of the Graceville Riverside Parklands Precinct Plan.