Strategic Corridor Restoration Plan
The Strategic Corridor Restoration Plan will direct rehabilitation efforts to ensure environmental benefits across the whole Oxley Creek corridor.
Key environmental strategies covered by the Restoration Plan will include:
- waterway and bushland restoration
- re-establishment of national, state and citywide significant vegetation communities
- re-establishment of natural habitat and habitat connections
- contaminated site rehabilitation works
- stormwater management and treatment.
Improvements delivered under the Restoration Plan will be undertaken by multiple stakeholders, including Oxley Creek Transformation, Brisbane City Council, land owners and developers and environmental groups.
We will also support existing community efforts and new initiatives that enable community groups, schools and non-profit organisations to deliver practical, on-ground environmental restoration projects (both bushland and waterway) that harmonise with the direction set by this plan.